Personal Assistant Position
Work in a Luxury Portrait Studio with inspiring and engaging clients and a fun, kick-ass team, while learning the ins-and-outs of running a business, providing amazing service, and creating something beautiful every day.
about Emily london miller:
Emily is a portrait photographer for women, mentor for photographers and girl-bosses around the world, wife of 11 years, and mom of one boy, one girl, and one german shepherd. With two successful business, a freaking amazing family, and awesome clients all depending on her, she is looking for a great supporter to help keep things running smoothly in her home and studio.
The Personal Assistant we hire will be expected to work in the studio without constant direction (although thorough training will be given during the first few months). The position will start with 20 hours per week, and the first six weeks will be trial-based (during training) to make sure you are a good match. Once the training period is complete, the hours will be closer to 30 hours a week
You must not only be able to manage your time efficiently, but also to help Emily stay focused and on task, and to take care of the fine details and loose ends that often get lost in the day-to-day running of a business. (Such as returning calls, following up with clients, wrapping up orders, etc.) You must be detail oriented and organized so those important tasks are taken care of in a timely and thorough way, without needing to be directed (once initial training is done).
We need somebody who is passionate about learning, and willing to take on a wide variety of new skills, such as Studio Administration, Photoshop, Hair Styling, Makeup Application, Wardrobe Styling, Food Styling, Product Styling, Behind-the-Scenes Photography and Videography, and Video Editing. Keep in mind that you do not need to know how to do all of these things before applying, but you must be eager to learn.
- Prepare studio space for photoshoots and appointments
- Keep track of (and prep for) Emily's appointments
- Coordinate with clients and team as necessary via phone, text, and email
- Retouching images using Photoshop software (training will be provided)
- Printing and packaging portrait orders
- Run assorted errands (post office, framer, bank, dry cleaning, car maintenance, groceries, dog to vet, etc)
- Preparing various meals and snacks
- Help organize and maintain home and studio space as needed
- Care for kids and/or dog occasionally (a german shepherd, 11-year-old boy and 8-year-old girl)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Minimum six months Administrative and/or
Personal Assisting Experience
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Photoshop Experience is a plus, but not required
- Motivated and self driven
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Passion for Learning
- Enthusiastic and positive energy
- Located in Provo, UT
- Estimated hours: Starting at 20, then eventually 30 hours/week
- Work Hours will generally take place on weekday mornings (and some afternoons)
- Start Date is Monday, May 23rd
Emily London Miller Provides:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Discounts on Portraits
- Learning Opportunities in a Wide Range of Skills
Apply today! The application process will take you 10-15 minutes. If you're a great fit, Emily will contact you to learn more about your background and answer your questions. We look forward to hearing from you.